Dear All, I am planning to come with the SAP Retail tutorials along with videos wherever / whenever possible, so that it will be of good use to all the SAP IS-Retail aspirants. I have been following lot of training stuffs online and I should say that I am terribly upset with the quality of the training stuffs available. Probably the trainers doesn’t want to open up more on the public domain instead want to “tease” the aspirants with little stuffs, so that the aspiring consultants reach out to them for paid training. But I should say that the quality and range of topics available for other modules like SD / MM is far better and sometimes, even better than what was being taught in the training centers.
I will try my level best to bring out tutorials that will be useful for the aspirants. Even though the tutorials may not be path breaking, all I can assure is that I’ll try to unravel the mystery associated with SAP Retail training online.
Let us take a common layman approach in the learning. Forget SAP.. what we’ll do in setting up a physical retail store, I’ll proceed with that approach. Even though this is pretty much similar to the SAP Academy’s structure, I’ll tweak it a little here and there to streamline the course smoothly.
This approach assumes that you are already working in SAP in SD / MM modules. Even if you are not, I’ll provide links to the related videos, may be not authored by me, to know more about the topic.
Step 1 – Building the store
1. Form the enterprise structures for Retail Business
2. Organise the Distribution center & Stores
3. “Construct” the store with layout
4. Organise the merchandise and article types
5. Identify the source to purchase
Step 2 – Preparations for Article creation
1. Define Article types, screens
2. Create and group the characteristics, values
3. Create Merchandise Hierarchy, Merchandise Categories
Step 3 – Create articles
1. Create Articles using manual transaction.
2. Mass create articles by copying
3. Create through Price catalogues
4. Using the article monitor
5. Define Sales sets, Prepacks and Additionals
Step 4 – Assortment and Listing
1. Place them on shelf & List them
2. List them based on Merchandise categories
3. Auto List using the Assortment Grades
Step 5 – Pricing
1. Price the articles
1.a One step pricing & Two step pricing
2. Competitor pricing
3. Market Basket Pricing
Step 6 – Procurement
1. Creating the PO to Vendors manually
2. Automatic creation of POs from various sub processes.
3. Receiving the Goods
4. Transfer the stock between Distribution centers and Stores
Step 7 – Merchandise Distribution of articles & Promotions
1. Allocating them to the stores
2. Promotion processing
3. Plan the replenishments
Step 8 – POS setup
1. Simulate inbound processing
2. setup external data pushing